Monday 14 February 2011

Seedy Sunday

Eldest child went skiing for first time ever, on a day trip with school. He loved it. As a family so far this winter, we've now skated, skied, sledded and snowball-fought. Younger son loves the building 'quinzhees' in the school playground; these are igloo-like dome-shaped shelters formed of snow. I envision their collapse and consequent suffocation of children within but my concerns are ridiculed by children and other parents alike. What do I know; I'm a foreigner in these parts.

So, snow and ice are the order of the day. But it turns out that today is in fact Seedy Sunday here in Toronto, marking the official start of the growing season. As far as I can see only the icicles are growing but I was persuaded to buy three packets of tomato seeds, which I will plant. Indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment