Wednesday 11 May 2011

Needing a workout

Last week I decided to bake muffins for eldest child's school bake sale. This is not usually a good idea as no one ever buys my baked goods, but I found an easy recipe for which I had all of the ingredients to hand: chocolate bourbon muffins. All went well until I licked the spoon, and the bowl, while the muffins were in the oven, and honest to Betsy, the batter made me tipsy. Good thing I was only walking to younger children's school for pick-up; in my batter-addled state surely I was unfit for driving. My alcohol tolerance needs a workout! I'm ready for a gals' night out. The sad coda to this episode just reached me this evening: it turns out that son left the bag of muffins in his friend's father's car, so the fruits of my labor did not earn the school tuppence. And, again, no one bought my stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment