Tuesday 21 September 2010

going in circles

I love that where we live is a small neighbourhood even though it's in a big city. Already we're meeting people who turn out to know the people we already met. The children my children have invited round to play all turn out to be connected, mainly through the university. I guess it's the campus connection-- something I missed while we were living in Sussex, but forgot I'd been missing.

So I'm not all doom and gloom. Today was lovely. I went to Leslieville, the neighbourhood they named in my honour when I arrived. Not really. I tagged along with a friend to collect an antique cabinet thingy in my massive automobile. There was so much space left that I decided to buy an antique(ish) chair in which to sit and type this post. Much more comfortable than the plastic Ikea stool. It's nice to sit comfortably. I guess I'll stay awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment