Saturday 21 April 2018

Spring Cycle

I won a three-month membership at our local gym, and over the winter became well-acquainted with its machines and classes. Last Wednesday, the three months expired, fortunately at the same time as the weather showed signs of catching up to the season. The AccuWeather app displayed double digits (centigrade). Every April I am shocked that spring in Toronto begins in May, not March, and this year is no exception. When will I learn?

Yesterday I jumped the gun by a week or two,  mounted my bike, and boldly rode where the snow had nearly melted. Slushy but blissful to be on two wheels moving forward.

Nice things about going for a bike ride outside in the sunshine: the sunshine, the sky, the scenery, the solitude. Being mistress of one's route.

Nice things about riding an exercise bike at the gym: not getting lost, not getting muddy.

I don't mind being a little bit lost. And while it is said that cleanliness is next to godliness,  I'd really rather be next to my family. We don't mind mud. Much.


No comments:

Post a Comment