Friday 30 September 2016

New year's resolution

Bitch, moan, moan, bitch.  I complain way too much about how busy I am; it’s become a reflex, and I tire of the sound of myself. Too much to do, too much to do. I think I can’t. I think I can’t. Enough already! I don't have time for it. Whereso and thereupon, my Rosh Hashanah resolution is to stop complaining about how busy I am.  

Because really, there  is enough time to do everything, or at least everything that matters. 

The problem is that there's no time to do nothing. 

Fine, it's not much of a resolution, I grant that. Probably fits in a tweet. In fact I’ll post it on Twitter (@lectoronto), if I have time. 

Okay, stopping….now.

Shana tova v’ metukah to all. A happy and sweet new year.


Postscript: the other day I emailed my regrets to say that I would miss a meeting at work on Monday due to Rosh Ha’Shana. A non-Jewish colleague wrote back to say ‘Shana Tova’. That's a response I never got at work in England. There is much to be said for Canadian multiculturalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment